Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chevron and Floral Nail Art


Hello guys!

This is the first time I did some nail art in a while! I've always been in love with the chevron print, and just sharpened my pinking shears so I thought, why not right? I also saw a beautiful rose print that TheCraftyNinja posted on instagram, she also did a tutorial on it too! Go check out her page, she's one of the first nail accounts I followed on Instagram. She's so talented. Well, I tried to make a rose inspired by that but it kind of just looks like a big blob lol. 





  • First I applied Duri Rejuvacote as a base coat. I'll do a review on it soon. 
  • For the base of this whole mani, I used Sandstorm by Maybelline in the Summer Collection. I did a review on it on this post
  • For the pink chevron pattern, I used The Bouquet Collection's shade in Pink Rose. It it's such a pretty vibrant pink with blue or purple flecks in it. The flecks are very subtle but very pretty. My hand smelled like roses for the two days that I wore this mani. I used my fabric pinking shears and scotch tape to make my chevron pattern tape and applied the tape with these really pointy tweezers I got in a jewelry tool kit.
  • On the ring finger, I used NOPI Selena and OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender for the rose, and Loreal New Money for the leaves. I used a dotting tool to paint the design.
  • I also added little pink dots to imitate rhinestones on my thumb, pointer, and pinky using NOPI Selena again.
  • I used Seche Vite as my top coat. I really only use Seche Vite for nail art now. For plain jane nails I switch off between Sally Hansen Dries Instantly and NYC In a New York Minute in Grand Central Station. 

I noticed that I post mostly (or always) in the middle of the night. Does that affect how many views I get? I'm going to test it out and put it on a queue. Anywho, thanks for reading! Have a great day and keep polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment